EAS E432 requires a minimum of two years of a standard undergraduate geoscience curriculum including one introductory course plus at least one course in each of the following:
- sedimentology and/or stratigraphy
- mineralogy and/or petrology
- structural geology and/or tectonics
A course in Earth history plus additional topical courses are beneficial, but not required.
During the course you will need to have (or have access to) the following resources and tools:
- A laptop or desktop computer that can run Google Earth Pro, Zoom, a word processor, a spreadsheet, a pdf reader, e-mail, etc.
- Internet with enough speed to participate in online presentations/discussions, run Google Earth Pro, use online learning tools, etc.
- A smart phone camera, other digital camera, or scanner to capture images of work you do on paper so that you can submit them via e-mail or a web portal.
- Various office supplies (paper, pencils, pens, colored pencils, ruler, calculator, etc.)