Each year we hire faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students for a variety of positions at the Field Station.
Changing enrollments and expansion of the diverse courses offered at the Field Station may generate faculty needs. Please use the link below to contact IUGFS (attention Erika Elswick) if you are interested in teaching at the IU Geologic Field Station.
These teaching assistant positions are virtually always drawn from students in recent courses. Please use the link below to contact IUGFS (attention Erika Elswick) if you are interested in teaching at the IU Geologic Field Station.
IT Administrative Assistant position
Please use the link below to apply for the summer IT administrative assistant position.
Part-time Summer Field Station positions
We are hiring for the following positions:
- meal planning, ordering, prep, and cooking for large groups, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- supervision of kitchen staff
KITCHEN + CUSTODIAL STAFF:
- assisting the cook with meal preparation
- cleaning up after meals, doing dishes, other duties as required
- cleaning and daily maintenance of classroom buildings (lecture and lab spaces and bathrooms) and student bathhouses
- mowing, stocking firewood, cleaning windows, other duties as required.
Call: (812) 855-1475 (please leave a message)
Varying start/end dates: May through early August 2024
LODGING AND MEALS ARE PROVIDED