The income from this fund is used to provide general support of the Judson Mead Geologic Field Station (IUGFS) in its effort to support geosciences teaching excellence in the field, including teaching in the field to students of all ages at IUGFS and funding research and development of field-based teaching best practices. The overall goal is to keep IUGFS at the leading edge of geoscience teaching in the field.
Expenditures to deliver the highest level of geoscience teaching at IUGFS include, but are not limited to:
- Development and marketing of IUGFS courses;
- Purchasing instrumentation and equipment to be used for teaching at IUGFS;
- Enhancement of IUGFS infrastructure;
- Recruiting and retaining faculty for IUGFS courses;
- Marketing and hosting geoscience workshops and seminars at IUGFS;
- Faculty, staff and student travel costs associated with improving the IUGFS curriculum.