2022 Course Details
Course Dates (preliminary, might change very slightly):
EAS X429 June 7 – July 20
EAS X428 June 7 – July 14
EAS E432 July 10 – July 31
Course calendars will be posted on or before September 20, 2021.
Applications will open September 20, 2021
Basic admission criteria for EAS X429 and EAS X428
- Completion of at least the following courses:
- One introductory course for geoscience majors (Physical Geology, Engineering Geology, Historical Geology, etc.)
- Mineralogy, Petrology, or Earth Materials
- Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, or Earth Processes
- Structural Geology and/or Tectonics
- Overall and Geoscience GPAs > 3.0 (on an A = 4.0 scale)
- A letter of recommendation from a geoscience faculty member at your home university.
Upon preliminary acceptance, we will schedule a 20-minute Zoom session for you to meet two of the X429/X428 faculty. This meeting is to make sure you understand what the course and living at the Judson Mead Geologic Field Station will be like. It is primarily so we can provide information to help you decide if an IUGFS course is the right fit for what you want to achieve.
Interested in applying?
Applications for X428, X429, and E432 will open on September 20th.